Tue, 26 Oct|
Bursary Application 2021
Manchester WI members our bursary applications are now open! This is your chance to learn that fab new skill you’ve always wanted to try 😊
Time & Location
26 Oct 2021, 23:59
About the Event
All members are welcome to apply. Manchester WI wants many members to benefit from our scheme.
Bursaries for Manchester WI members are available for a course or activity which is defined as educational, learning or personal development. If you have a course in mind and are unsure if it will meet the criteria drop us an email, we don’t want anyone to miss out!
· To apply for a Manchester WI bursary, you must be a full member of Manchester WI (or a dual member) and all members can apply including committee.
· To apply for a Manchester WI bursary your 2021 membership must be processed before bursaries are announced.
· For 2020/21 a total bursary of £400 is available, this will be allocated to a maximum value of either £100 per individual, or split between values of a lower cost up to a total of £400 (e.g. 10 people could do a course that costs £40, or 4 people could do a course each costing £100)
· Bursaries will be decided anonymously and announced by an independent adjudicator at our November Main Meeting or November mailer
· Bursaries for Manchester WI members are available for a course or activity which is defined as educational, learning or personal development.
· Bursary submissions are at the discretion of the President of Manchester WI
· A bursary can be used towards travel costs for a course or development opportunity, but cannot solely be used towards travel (e.g. we could pay for a train for a course that’s only held in Edinburgh, but we can’t pay for a flight for a weekend sightseeing in Barcelona)
· A bursary can be used towards a course that costs more, where the member makes up the remainder of the fees.
· On completion, winners of bursaries are asked to feedback to the group, as either a blog post, skill swap for other members, or another way you can think of!
· Payment for bursaries will be arranged via the Manchester WI Treasurer and payment must be discussed prior to a course being booked.
· An individual can only apply for and be awarded one bursary per financial year.
· Courses must be booked within 3 months and completed within a year of award.
To apply, please register on our website - you will be asked to provide a maximum of 100 words on why you would like to do the course and what you’ll achieve by completing it. Please include your full name and a contact number. If you have any questions, want to chat through ideas or need help with the application please approach us for a meeting or send us an email.
- Ticket type